SSSCCRRL postponement

With the continued uncertainty surrounding the Covid19 virus as to when life will return back to some sense of normality, and the recent events being cancelled by BC, BMCR, SCC until at least the end of April 2020 we thought it sensible to issue the following statement.

The SSSCCRRL take the safety of riders, officials and everybody involved as paramount when organising and running events. We have to consider the wider community and the pull on already stretched resources when making decisions as to whether we run races.  

We have therefore decided that we will postpone the events until at least June 2020 - with a view to extending this cessation should circumstances dictate. This means that the events will be fewer in number but allow for at least some racing this year. Our decision will be based on guidance from the governing bodies in addition to the Government policy’s.

If we are in a position to race later in the year we will contact all clubs and supporting organisations involved prior to setting up anything. No money has yet been taken for this years league, and we believe the best way to structure payment if we are able to run a limited series is on a ad-hoc basis.
I hope you understand why we have made this decision and wish you and your families a safe journey through these challenging times.

John, Mick,Cheryl, Sean, Simon