Club Runs from the Hugh Porter Way at
Aldersley Leisure Village, W-ton.
This group is race training,
faster and with no cafe stop. It wont ease up or wait for
struggling riders so you must now how to find your way home and
fix your own bike if required to go with this group.
9.30 a.m. More social with a
Track training - Mondays 7:00,
Wednesday 7:00 and Friday 6:30. Check details on the
WWCC run three Reliability Rides
– A particular feature of the early part of the year, these
rides are over a set course and distance to be completed in a
pre-determined time. See calendar for dates
WWWC also take
part in other Sportive events.
Details for these often appear in the club Forum.
In the past the club have entered the following events
Rides – As the name suggests these are specific one-day
events that are a little more demanding than the average club
run. They are often over a longer distance and/or difficult
terrain, but usually with spectacular scenery. Examples include:
The Shropshire Challenge
– A testing ride in the Shropshire hills around the historic
town of Ludlow.
The Wild Wales Challenge
– An arduous 70-80 mile route centred on the north Wales town of
The Hell of the North Cotswolds
– This unique ride encompasses a large amount of off road
riding. Ideally suited to mountain bike riding .
– These are set distance events for the serious cyclo tourist or
"Randonneur". Over specified distances of 100,200,300,400 or 600
km. They require a formal touring bike with saddle bag/panniers
and lights if necessary. These events are entered in advance and
you are issued with a brevet card to be stamped at controls
along the route.
– Include place to place rides and "grimpeur " events
(mountainous rides). Many are "classic" events such as the Paris
- Are arranged by the club on Saturdays from the Hugh Porter
Way, Aldersley Leisure Village, please keep an eye on the forum
for details or contact committee member for details.
These are short easy rides to a local café on traffic free or
very quiet roads. Ideally suited to the family and younger
riders & finishing before lunch.
– Frequent Sunday rides from a central
starting point to a predetermined destination. Centred around a
family friendly public house, these are leisurely paced rides
along country lanes.
Supper & Breakfast Runs
– As the name suggests, these are either an early morning or
evening ride to a café, restaurant or hostelry offering good
food and good company – Always an enjoyable ride.